Resources & Links
Suicide Prevention Help
- Can't Hurt Me, by David Goggins
- The Body Keeps Score, by Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.
- Spark, by John Ratey, M.D.
- Why We Sleep, by Matthew Walker, PhD
- Resilience: The Science of Mastering Life's Greatest Challenges, by Steven Southwick and Dennis Charney
- How God Changes Your Brain, by Andrew Newberg, M.D. and Mark Robert Waldman
- The Zero Stress Zone, by Top Harris
- The Time Cure: Overcoming PTSD, by Philip Zimbardo
- The Complex PTSD Workbook: A Mind-Body Approach to Regaining Emotional Control & Becoming Whole, by Arielle Schwartz, PhD
- The Transformation: Discovering Wholeness and Healing After Trauma, by James Gordon, M.D.
- Increasing Resilience in Police and Emergency Personnel: Strengthening Your Mental Armor, by Stephanie Conn
- Cop Shock: Surviving Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Allen R. Kates
- Law Enforcement Families; THE ULTIMATE BACKUP James T. Reese PhD and Cherie Castellano CSW LPC
- I Love a Cop, Ellen Kirschmann, Ph.D
- I Love a Fire Fighter, Ellen Kirschmann, Ph.D
- Police Suicide: Tactics for Prevention, Dell P. Hackett and John M. Violanti, Ph.D
- Police Suicide: Epidemic in Blue, John Violanti, Ph.D.
- Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement, by Kevin Gilmartin, Ph.D.
- Force Under Pressure: How Cops Live and Why They Die, by Lawrence Blum, Ph.D.
- Stoning the Keepers at the Gate, by Lawrence Blum, Ph.D.
- My Life for Your Life, by Clarke Paris
- On Combat, The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace, by David Grossman and Loren Christensen
- No Time to Say Goodbye: Surviving the Suicide of a Loved One by Carla Fine
- I Can't Get Over It: A Handbook for Trauma Survivors, by Aphrodite Matsakis, Ph.D.