CURRENT TRAINING & CONSULTING TOPICS
Gina Gallivan and Associates offers training to public safety agencies and related associations on the following topics:
- Quarterly Peer Support Team Training
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Stress Management and Police Wellness
- Stress Management For Dispatchers
- Managing Problem Employees
- Dealing With Difficult People
- Quarterly Peer Support Training
- Supervisor's Training: Mental Health Issues In Police Work
- Police Families: Couple's Workshop
- Suicide Prevention
- Peer Support Team Training
- Three Day Basic Support Training
- Two Day Advanced Peer Support Training
PEER SUPPORT TRAINING
Public safety employees work in unpredictable, high-stress environments that can take an overwhelming mental and emotional toll. Stress can cause health problems, substance abuse, and mental illness.
Peer Support members are co-workers who are trained by a licensed psychologist to help provide private and confidential (AB-1117) emotional support, psychoeducation, and appropriate referrals. Peer Support is an intervention that relies on shared experiences and trust to provide support and identify a potential high-risk situation before a crisis event occurs.
The supportive environment created by a Peer Support Team is highly beneficial to both employers and employees.
If you are interested in creating a Peer Support Team for your department, please contact our office. Three-Day Basic Peer Support Trainings are offered throughout the year.
TRAINING & CONSULTING INTEREST REQUEST
Please complete the form below to send us more information about the training you are interested in us providing to you and your organization.